[Groff] Question about number registers

From: Louis Guillaume
Subject: [Groff] Question about number registers
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:19:39 -0500

Hi,

I'm relatively new to *roff in general. I can't figure out how to keep track of a numeric value, for example a currency sum through a document.

How is it done? We start with a value of 0, and each time we want to add to the "total" we increment a number register (or something) by the desired value.

At the end we can print "Total = $numregister" (so to speak).

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Louis