[Groff] Re: What's missing for Unicode support of groff?

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: What's missing for Unicode support of groff?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:31:46 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I'll work with gpreconv, looking into your and Bernd Haible's solution
to make a water-proof UTF-8 -> groff entity conversion.

Considering UTF and Unicode in general,
there is a problem of Normalization.
I.e. it would be nice to have UTF transformed to composed form
before feeding to groff, since the likelihood of a precomposed
glyph being in the font is higher then the chance of groff
typesetting base glyph + combining glyph properly.

           Sincerely, Michail