[Groff] Macro arguments question

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: [Groff] Macro arguments question
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:28:48 -0700

One thing I *really* like about groff vs troff/ditroff is the
expansion of macro and other entity names beyond two characters.
Nice job!

I am considering using macros to solve a problem that would be better
if handled in a database, but I don't want to write the software to
do it.  However, it would be nice if I could string some multi-line
text together as a single argument to a macro.  However, it is not
obvious to me that it can or cannot be done the way I'm thinking.  I
have been considering something on this order:

.macro \{
"text line 1, blah blah blah
text line 2, blah blah blah
text line 3, more here"\}

I would like to have the text processed as a single argument to
the macro just as groff would handle:

.macro "argument number one"

and then wrapped and adjusted as with normal text from a
typical input file.

Two questions:

   1.  Will this work?

   2.  If not, is there a different, quick-and-easy/dirty way
       to do it?

Any opinions out there?

Thanks,

Clarke