Re: [Groff] "creep" and booklets

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] "creep" and booklets
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:01:36 -0500

Having got your signatures, they then need to be attached
together. For this, it's not ideal if each signature was stapled.
Any recommendations for (a) making the central attachment for a
signature instead of stapling;

Use a thread binding.  It's not that difficult to do as soon as you
got accustomed to it.  Of course, this isn't something for mass
production on the kitchen table.

I expect you would need some incredibly strong needles and
perhaps some tools to help push it through the paper.

(b) binding signatures together?

Bookmaker's glue.  Producing a good binding needs craftsmanship.

For which you need a binding press. I have a copy of a PDF
showing rough plans for a DIY binding press on my computer
at work, but the my VPN client is flaked up at the moment. If
someone sends me a reminder Monday, I'll dig it up & post it.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"