Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:18:01 +0100 (BST)

On 28-Oct-05 Bernd Warken wrote:

> There is a wiki page with an article on groff:
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groff.
>
> It is quite small.  The German version
>   http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groff
> is different and much larger.  Strangely enough, it comments
> `lbl' as supported preprocessor.

Wirklich! I had not heard of this till you mentioned it (above),
but a little search has led me to comp.sources.unix at

  http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sources/

and, specifically,

  http://www.isc.org/sources/utils/text/processing/lbl.php

where:

  Title:        lbl
  Version:      1.0
  Submitted:    Dec 1 1986
  Author:       wjh12!maynard!campbell
  Submittor:    wjh12!maynard!campbell

  The following shar archive contains the lbl preprocessor for
  [nt*]roff. lbl handles generation of and symbolic references to
  sequenced labels, alphabetic, numeric, or mixed.  Forward
  references are supported.

  Lbl was written by C.D.F. Miller at Heriot-Watt University
  (Scotland), and was originally posted to net.sources over a
  year ago.  It compiled and ran without a hitch on my tiny
  VENIX system and has performed flawlessly ever since; this
  is high praise indeed for a net.sources widget.  Hence, this
  shar archive contains the author's original code and
  documentation, untouched.  Share and enjoy.

Could be interesting!

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>