Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff wiki?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:31:37 +0100 (BST)

On 28-Oct-05 Robert Goulding wrote:

>>> Agreed.
>>
>> Me too.  Any volunteers who has time, the ability, and the interest to
>> set up a wiki?  And who is willing to maintain it (this is, walking
>> through the mailing list archive and putting the various solutions
>> into the wiki)?
>>
> Since I brought up the subject, I should be the first to jump in!
> While I don't have the expertise to set up the thing, I will volunteer
> to start trawling the archives and posting them to the wiki.  Perhaps,
> to share effort, anyone who is interested could take a year to work on.
>   If that sounds a feasible way to do it, then to start the ball
> rolling, I'll take on 2004.

A good start! Can I join in? If still for sale, can I have 2003 then?

A propos issues arising with wikis, I just read back over the
recent ALUG discussion which I mentioned. There are some thoughts
in there that we may find helpful.

If you want to look at them, go to

  http://lists.alug.org.uk/main/2005-October/thread.html

scroll down (it's fairly near the top) to thread:

  [ALUG] WiKi Status Enquiry   Keith Watson

and follow it down.

I confess I am no sort of expert whatever on the technicalities
behind wikis, so eom of that material was over my head.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861