Re: [Groff] Re: Info versus man

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Info versus man
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:20:18 +0100

Larry Kollar wrote:
> Now I don't blame you for balking; autoconf is a hideous beast
> & I don't like to poke around in there either. :-)

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.  Autoconf isn't so bad, once you get
used to it -- much easier than trying to write a configure script
by hand, without tripping over all manner of portability issues.
Besides, groff's configure.ac/aclocal.m4 organisation is amongst
the best of any I've seen;  I've adopted it as the role model for
my own autoconf scripts.  :-)

I'm game to give it a go, but just at the moment, I would have to
give it a very low priority.

Regards,
Keith.