Re: [Groff] Re: Info versus man

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Info versus man
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:25:40 -0400

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Second, quite apart from the ideological objections to texinfo and
criticisms of the format itself, my real problem is that texinfo is
a prerequisite for building the CVS groff, and that a TeX
installation is required for building a pdf of the main
documentation.  [...]

Well, this isn't an argument.  Developers are expected to use more
packages than Joe User.

Would it be difficult to add a --without-texinfo configure option, or
even check for the right version of texinfo during the configure
phase? To me, that seems to be the best of both worlds; build the
PDF when you can, and skip it (without aborting make) when you
can't.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"