Re: [Groff] Introduction

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:47:52 +0100

Robert Goulding wrote, quoting me:
>> It isn't difficult to conceive a groff macro package, which, when used
>> with `groff -Tascii -mroff2txi` for example, would spit out texinfo
>> source...
>
> Why go to texinfo, rather than directly to info?

Because, at the time I was looking for a mechanism for generating PDF
output, with active outlines and cross-references, from ms source.  As a
quick and dirty hack, and lacking the pdfmark.tmac capability, I though I
might get suitable results, by exploiting texinfo's PDF output capability.

As I said previously, the results were disappointing, and so pdfmark.tmac,
in its present incarnation, was born.

Regards,
Keith.