Re: [Groff] Foxit PDF Reader

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Foxit PDF Reader
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:53:07 -0500

On 10/23/05, Clarke Echols wrote:
> I downloaded the Foxit PDF Reader and tried it out on some
> slides I'm creating.  The edges on circle lines look rough.
> Acrobat is much cleaner.
>
> I hear about the "Acroread" reader.  Is that different from
> the Acrobat Reader?  I see no reference to it on Adobe web pages.

The one and very same thing. What is different is Acrobat from Acrobat
Reader. The former is a full blown grahical PDF editor. The latter is
a read-only viewer (with some bookmarking ability and far better
bitmap dithering and Type 3 font rendering added in version 7). For a
reader I take Evince first anyday even though it is quite unfinished,
probably needs two Gnome releases more to reach maturity, Kpdf always
finds ways to annoy me. XPdf is based on motif and feels soo 1987, oh
well....

--
Alejandro López-Valencia