Re: [Groff] XML and groff as frontend

From: Zvezdan Petkovic
Subject: Re: [Groff] XML and groff as frontend
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:10:17 -0400

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 11:45:50PM +0100, Ted Harding wrote:
> Well, if you're using vim ...

I do.

> First enter the following (in command mode) to define abbreviations:
>
> :ab <c <command
> [cut a lot of good advice]

You mean something like

iabbrev <buffer> <l programlisting<Esc>byiwi<<Esc>ea><inlinegraphic
        \<CR>  fileref=""
        \<CR>format="linespecific"></<Esc>pa><Esc>-$h

:-)

I have a full Vim plugin that contains not only the most frequently used
abbreviations, but also a function to enclose words in an arbitrary
chosen DocBook XML element chosen from a small narrow buffer that opens
on the right side of my Vim window with a list of all DocBook elements.
It doesn't sing or dance though because I stopped working on it the
minute I lost interest in editing more DocBook documents.
:-)

Best regards,

        Zvezdan Petkovic