[Groff] Re: website

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: [Groff] Re: website
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:39:11 -0600 (MDT)

   > 1. The image is too large (horizontally).  What about keeping
   > only the GNU head and printing press?  (The title is already
   > prominently displayed below it.)

   Agreed.  The text could be split onto two lines, the second
   indented from the first.

Since there is already a title displayed in a satisfactory way, I
would suggest simply cutting off the image text.

   > 2. Should it be GNU roff (or runoff), not GNU Troff?  Ditroff would
   > probably be more appropriate if showing continuity.

   In 25 years, I have never heard anyone in casual conversation
   refer to it as "ditroff".  "T-roff" is a universal pronunciation,
   and those who are conversant understand that it is

I prefer GNU Roff.  My illustration of ditroff, troff, etc., was
to demonstrate that the GNU edition of roff is distinct, with not
just device independence, but also license independence (i.e.
GNU), and diverse formats (such as html, etc.).