Re: [Groff] website

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] website
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:42:33 -0600

"D. E. Evans" wrote:

> Things I dislike about /software/groff:
>
> 1. The image is too large (horizontally).  What about keeping
> only the GNU head and printing press?  (The title is already
> prominently displayed below it.)

Agreed.  The text could be split onto two lines, the second
indented from the first.

> 2. Should it be GNU roff (or runoff), not GNU Troff?  Ditroff would
> probably be more appropriate if showing continuity.

In 25 years, I have never heard anyone in casual conversation
refer to it as "ditroff".  "T-roff" is a universal pronunciation,
and those who are conversant understand that it is
device-independent, as it has been for most of 30 years -- at
least since I first encountered it 21 years ago.

Clarke