Re: [Groff] Introduction

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:46:12 -0400

Which is the *best* editor?
    The one I know in I know my spine.

Or in the case of vi, my fingers. I've been known to write about Un*x topics in a GUI text editor, start jackhammering the 'j' key, and wonder why the cursor isn't moving down.

Is anyone collecting the "reasons for using groff" that have been going by in this thread? Such a collection would be a fine beginning to an advocacy/"Why Use groff" chapter in UTP (or a standalone web page). I'd be particularly interested in seeing James Deri send in a write-up about his monster print jobs. (We could put that under a heading like, "Scale THIS!" :-D)

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"