Re: [Groff] SGR

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] SGR
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:58:04 -0500

On 10/19/05, Gabriel Diaz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>  About troff and GUI's may be it is interesting to you to take a look at:
>  http://www.hps.com/~tpg/toolbox/auis/ez-wp/

Gabriel,

you are reading me wrong. .-) I am far more interested in having troff
available as a proper back end for SGML and XML transform tools
(namely, OpenSP and OpenJade).

For example, having Texinfo (the program) output troff directly would
be nice, but it is lots of work. Yet, now that it can output its own
XML, it should be trivial (for someone who knows XML) to write a
proper XSLT transform to use troff as the processing backend and thus
have the groff manual eat its own dogfood (a long standing critique is
that the groff manual must be typeset with TeX of all things).

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
troff spoken here