Re: [Groff] Introduction

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

Sadly, I fear that it's too late to really save groff...
But the advantage of a GUI is that casual users could use
the GUI and the rest of us could use real groff.  It's
hard to justify doc tools that are fairly complicated
to use and known by very few these days...

I spend my days writing large, complex, highly-technical
documents in Word for this reason.  It's quite ugly, but
we have to have documents that sales people and engineers
and such can extract and "repurpose"...  And young engineers
don't know how to roff any more than the salespeople do ;-(