Re: [Groff] Introduction

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:44:26 -0600 (MDT)

   This makes sense.  So how many official developers does groff have?

4, plus Werner.  I don't know how active the others are.

   >    It would be nice to provide some sample scripts, or perhaps
   >
   > I think this is an excellent idea.

   I realized after I posted this that it sounded like I was saying that
   someone else should do this.  I am certainly willing to help out with
   some scribal functions -- not competent for much else...

The more the merrier.

   We had a discussion on this list a few months ago, that if anyone had done
   a WYSIWYG front-end for groff years ago, it would be more viable for the
   masses.  Sigh.

Like all UNIX tools, the specialized ones are the most viable.  I
lament the day groff goes gui.  However, I think that a seperate
gui frontend is not a bad idea.