[Groff] PS and "page background"

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: [Groff] PS and "page background"
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:49:42 +0000

Ciao!

I'd bean on this list less than 30 ours. I don't even new the
typesetting languish you are discussing here and already I am posting
an off-topic question. But I am trying to get an overview of my
possibility's and I think that maybe some of you gays might be clever
on this subject.

(I found out my version of groff is 1.11.)

After what I have fount about groff (google :-)) it does not support
grafic (images). But i found something about programming postscript
and "compile" it with Ghostscript. Do you thing it would be possible
after I have made my ps file with groff to open it in an ordinary
editor and "sneak in" some little pice of code that will apply the
paper with an  an images as "paper background" as i is called in
Abiword a "watermark" it is called in MS WORD?

If yes I would like to know:

1. What should the code be?
2. Where should the code be placed?
3. Which format should the image be?
4. Is there specific demands on the seise of the image?
5. Which commands do I need to process it trough ghostscript?

Thanks
/Mikkel
www.mimo.1go.dk