Re: [Groff] moving TOC to start

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] moving TOC to start
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:53:49 +0100

> Just rank speculation, in the way of throwing out crazy ideas...
>
> Is there any merit to the idea of diverting an *entire* document
> and inserting a TOC in the right place just before printing the
> whole thing?

They say that "great minds think alike", but then it is also said
that "fools seldom differ".

Wouldn't like to commit myself on which category we fall into, but
this thought occurred to me too.  One likely problem though; since
a diversion isn't paginated until it is flushed out, how would we
capture TOC entries, with proper page number references, while
collecting the main body diversion?  Or, have I got this wrong?

Best regards,
Keith.