Re: [Groff] newbie help

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] newbie help
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:16:28 +0200 (CEST)

> So, now, there are many macro-packages me, ms, mm, man that I glanced at
> So, which macro-package do you suggest me to use? what are the uses of
> each package?

For man pages, use man or mdoc.  For other documents it's a matter of
taste whether to use me, ms, or mm.  ms has probably the biggest user
base, and thus there are other people who can help you.

> Also, I wanted to install my own font and followed the instructions
> given in
> http://elibrary.fultus.com/technical/index.jsp?topic=/com.fultus.freebsd.articles/articles/fonts/x322.html
> but, no luck :(

Those instructions are very complicated.  Look up the mailing archive;
it has been explained a few times how to set up a Type 1 font for
groff.