[Groff] VERBON and COVER problems

From: Jason St Armand
Subject: [Groff] VERBON and COVER problems
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:25:41 +1000

Hi,  I am trying to make the following work:

.COVER
.TL
title page
.AU "jason"
.COVEND

.VERBON 8
line 1
line 2
.VERBOFF

The .COVER and .VERBON macros don't seem to work consistently.  I am
finding on my Mac (groff 1.18.1) they work correctly, but on other
(Solaris) systems using 1.17.? and 1.19.1 .COVER doesn't seem to work
at all, and .VERBON fills pre-formatted lines, and doesn't number the
lines when the flag is to set to 8.

In the case of the COVER macro I get this error:

input line 6:check TL, AU, AS, AE, MT sequence

Is something missing from the Solaris builds ?

I am using groff -T ascii -mm file.mm to process the above text.

thanks