Re: [Groff] Cross references

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Cross references
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:12:18 +0100

> amber hassan wrote:
>
>> Please tell me , How do I create cross references in pdf or ps
>> document which enabel movement within a document through mouse clicks
>
> Get the CVS version of groff, or a nightly build from http://
> groff.ffii.org/groff/devel/ and compile it. The development version
> includes support (and documentation) for creating PDF files.

Better still, get the official 1.19.2 release :-)  (Larry offered
the above advice, in good faith, just a few hours before Werner's
announcement:
> groff 1.19.2 has been released.
>
> It is available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff/ and mirrors of that
> site (see list of mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).
> Current snapshots are available from ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/.
)

Do note that the pdfroff/pdfmark packages incorporated into this release
are still considered as alpha code.  Also note that the documentation
Larry refers to is, as yet, incomplete -- I'm still working on it, but
don't have as much time to devote to it as I might like.  Look in
pdfmark.tmac itself, (it's extensively commented), and in the pdfmark.ms
documentation source, (also heavily commented), for additional clues on
how to use it.

> Hope that helps. If you can't compile your own version, let us know
> what OS you're running & someone here can probably furnish you with a
> package.

HTH.

Keith.