Re: [Groff] Handling without colors for .URL and .MTO in www.tmac

From: Jörgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Handling without colors for .URL and .MTO in www.tmac
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:56:59 +0200

On Mon Aug  8 18:59:32 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> .URL and .MTO use the color blue.  But if colors are not active they print
> in the normal font.  This is not impressive.
>
> The appended patch uses the bold font instead of blue.

I must admit that I've never used www.tmac, but it seems to me to be
desirable that the non-HTML output can be customized by the macro user.

For example, I don't like the blue color, but I also don't like Courier for
the URL itself-- I prefer to typeset URLs in italics so they don't break up
the surrounding text too much.

I like the <>-like glyphs surrounding the URL, though.

My two cents,
Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "Koka lopplummer, bada Ross, loppor borta."
\X/ <address@hidden>                                   -- Jonas