Re: [Groff] GROFF: EPS Inclusion: Command line

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] GROFF: EPS Inclusion: Command line
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:04:56 +0100

On Sunday 07 August 2005 10:33 pm, paul wrote:
> > The .F+/.F- are PSFIG preprocessor macros to include EPS files.
> > The default macro used in groff is
> >  .PSPIC epsfile.eps
> >
> > see grops(1) and grodd_tmac(5)

That should, of course, be groff_tmac(5) :-)

Since Paul is using WinXP, he may have problems reading these man pages;  I'm
working on a port of man for MinGW, but it's not ready yet, and I know of no
other which will run on Windows, besides Cygwin's, which is a rather hefty
download for anyone who doesn't have any other use for it.

To read the man pages without man:

   groff -Thtml -man -t <groff_source>/src/devices/grops/grops.n > grops.html
   groff -Thtml -man -t <groff_source>/man/groff_tmac.n > groff_tmac.html

(and similarly for any other *.n or *.man files you find in the groff source
tree -- the *.n are created from the *.man at build time), then peruse the
html versions in your favourite browser.

HTH.

Regards,
Keith.