[Groff] GROFF: EPS Inclusion: Command line

From: paul
Subject: [Groff] GROFF: EPS Inclusion: Command line
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:20:02 -0300

Hello,

It has been a white since I used TROFF, however, I am trying my
best to work with GROFF.  It seems that there are new switches
and other changes that I am unaware of.  I reviewed all of the
documentation available, unfortunately the information I require
is not written yet.  I am doing some revisions on a book
containing EPS artwork.

My two questions are question are:

1) At the command prompt, how do I pipe the output to a
PostScript file without using a pipe

my current command is

c:>groff  -mom -t -p -e -g -G -s -R  1 > dud.ps

I generate a usable PostScript file, however, there must be an
easier way than piping | or redirecting > .    Is, for example
gftops,   used otherwise in the output.

2) This may be connected to 1 above.  The current application
files incorporate artwork in EPS format and are included as

.F+
figure Eps/1-01.eps
.F-

All I get out in the PostScript file is

figure Eps/1-01.eps

along with the caption.  I am doing something wrong and I bet it
is with respect to how I am processing the files as above.

I get nearly identical ooutput as the earlier edition with
exception of the artwork.

Any help on 1 and 2 above would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Paul Mailhot
902-454-8111