Re: [Groff] Is it possible to set base document font size larger than 12

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Is it possible to set base document font size larger than 12 points ?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:21:53 +0200 (CEST)

> I am trying to convert a BASH manual page to PostScript file:
>   $ zcat /usr/man/man1/bash.1.gz | groff -mandoc -rS12 >bash.ps
>
> It seems that "base document font size", which is specified with -rS
> option , can only be 10, 11, or 12 points.  Such a strange
> limitation...

This is the same limitation you have if you use a standard LaTeX
document class.  Note that there are more changes necessary to get a
good document layout.

> I tried to modify a source manual page (bash.1 file), by putting
> .\s(14 command into it.  It works only for one paragraph - the font
> size of that paragraph changed to 14pt... But putting .\s(14 before
> every paragraph is very annoying.  Is it possible to set the base
> font size 14 pt for the entire document?

Add this immediately after the .TH line:

  .nr PS    14z  \" document font size
  .nr PS-SS 14z  \" font size for .SS
  .nr PS-SH 17z  \" font size for .SH
  .nr VS    17p  \" vertical line spacing