Re: [Groff] Re: man page encoding

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: man page encoding
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:44:57 -0600

Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 03:36:07PM +0200, Andries Brouwer wrote:
> > I am not really aware of use of groff other than as a backend to man.

> However, to make you aware of some uses of groff, other than man pages,

> And we are talking about serious publishers here: Addison-Wesley,
> Prentice Hall, ...
>
> That's hack of a use other than man pages.

I used troff with some custom macros to produce master artwork
for printed circuit cards about 9 years ago.  The product I was
designing even landed a position in "The Top 20 New Automotive
Service Tools for 1997" list featured in Motor Magazine!

Now that's thinking "out of the box". :-)

Sorry -- couldn't resist.  :-)

Clarke