Re: [Groff] Escape characters in -man output

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Escape characters in -man output
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 01:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Jorgen, I had missed this -- I'm not technical enough
to recognize that these *m strings were SGR.  However, I just
tried adding -c and -C to my groff line and I still have the
same thing.  Here's my command line:

groff -mandoc -stC -Tlatin1 tmsplx.xml.5 | col -b > catman/tmsplx.xml.5

Apologies if I am just being dense -- I grew up roff'ing in places
where we had professional tools people who dealt with this stuff.
Sigh.  Those were the days...

I did try -st -C just in case -- the man page looks like the C option
should be combined with -st but I thought it was worth trying.

meg