Re: [Groff] spacing bug in 1.19.x

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] spacing bug in 1.19.x
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:00:02 +0200 (CEST)

> Please find attached example for the spacing bug introduced in
> 1.19.2pre Notice the lack of spacing between picture and the labels
> below it.

Your macro definition of .Se relies on pic internals which are neither
documented nor expected to be stable.  Remove the `.sp -1' and
everything looks fine.  Even better, write the macros like this:

  .de Sl
  .  gcolor blue
  .  if \\n(.$ \&\\$1\m[]\\$2
  ..
  .de Rf
  .  gcolor darkgreen
  .  if \\n(.$ \&\\$1\m[]\\$2
  ..
  .de Se
  .  gcolor
  ..

> Also 1.19.2pre gives a warning:
>
> $ groff -pe -me example.me > example.ps
> example.me:70: warning [p 1, 5.4i]: cannot adjust line
>
> The same document looks OK with 1.18.x and gives no warnings.

This is a new warning which says that groff can't adjust a line
correctly.  And indeed the formula after `(a)' must be printed in a
new line.