Re: [Groff] Minor soelim patch

From: Jörgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Minor soelim patch
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:51:14 +0200

On Mon Jun 20 21:47:48 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> > When soelim wrote error messages about being unable to open files,
> > the reported file name tended to have garbage characters appended to
> > it.  Please apply.
>
> Done, thanks.
>
> > ('const char * string::contents() const' is devious. Wouldn't
> > surprise me if it is used incorrectly elsewhere, but I haven't
> > checked in detail.)
>
> In case you have time please check.

I took a brief, incomplete look. In all places I've seen, the caller either
knows the string length, or takes case to append a NUL before calling
contents().

(It wouldn't be too hard to modify class string to always maintain a NUL
guard immediately after the last character of the string, if one cared to.)

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "Koka lopplummer, bada Ross, loppor borta."
\X/ <address@hidden>                                   -- Jonas