Re: [Groff] -ms and PO bug?

From: Jörgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] -ms and PO bug?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:25:29 +0200

On Tue Jun 21 00:32:15 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> > Okay, I'm seriously confused here, [...]
>
> I hope that my other mail helps you to understand the problem.

Yes, it did. Thanks.

> > Anyway, that isn't as important as I thought. What I /know/ to be
> > different in CVS groff compared to older releases is that evaluating
> > PO before the first .LP zeros it, causing this zero-margin effect.
>
> Yes, this has been changed, namely by Egil:
>
>   2004-07-27  Egil Kvaleberg  <address@hidden>
>
>     * tmac/s.tmac (address@hidden): Don't save `PO' register.
>     (pg*end-col, pg*end-page): Directly use `PO' register.
>
> I've CCed him -- I no longer know the exact reason.

I think I was involved last time we looked at -ms and PO, but I must admit
that I no longer remember the details.  They are also in the mailing list
archives, I think.

What I /do/ remember is that the previous PO (mis)feature was more serious
and harder to work around than the current one, so I'm still happy.

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "Koka lopplummer, bada Ross, loppor borta."
\X/ <address@hidden>                                   -- Jonas