Re: <OK> [Groff] serious pdfroff problems

From: Andreas Kahari
Subject: Re: <OK> [Groff] serious pdfroff problems
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:23:08 +0100

On 19/06/05, Bernd Warken <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andreas Kahari <address@hidden> schrieb am 18.06.05 22:30:28:
> >
> > There is, of course, a standard for Unix shells.  It's part of the
> > Single Unix Specification, which may be viewed here:
> >
> > http://www.unix.org/single_unix_specification/
>
> This side is for the commercial UNIX systems.  If you want to have a free
> shell standard you could look at
>
>   http://www.funet.fi/pub/doc/posix/p1003.2/d11.2/all
>
> POSIX itself is not free as well, but this paper was a pre-release draft that
> was openly published and is still freely available.  I built groffer around
> this standard.
>
> Bernd Warken

Eh, SUSv3 is a collection of POSIX standards and the standard text
itself is free ("gratis") for personal use (not for reproduction), and
the standard which it describes does not depend on whether the
implementation is "commercial" or not.  Anyone's free to follow it and
implement it, or to ignore it. But reading the latest edition is,
IMHO, better than looking at something from 1991.

Ok, this is getting slightly off-topic.  Sorry for the noise.

--
Andreas Kahari

PGP: 1024D/C2E163CB