Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:42:50 +0400

Dear Wartan (and All),
the previuos exchange went as follows:
I wrote:
2) To choose some rich font set (MS Times New Roman/Arial/Courier New ?)
>     and have dit files for them installed by default.
Wartan wrote:
.. but not for these fonts. They have a license that prevents
 redistribution, ...
I would vote for URW with Cyrillic glyphs by frob, since at least their license
is clear and they seem to be the only decent quality freely available
Cyrillic-added type1s out there.
But he also wrote:
Currently, I have to build my own Debian/OS X packages that include
special fonts

As to the font set _to be distributed with groff_
- there are reasons to be concerned with license.
But when the packages for modern OS's are built (like OS X, Windows, Linux(?)) -
it seems strange to ignore bundled fonts.

                 Sincerely, Michail