[Groff] default directory for info files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] default directory for info files
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:13:31 +0200 (CEST)

A longer time ago it has been discussed where to install info files by
default.  I've just seen the following in the NEWS file of the
autoconf CVS:

  ** Directory variables adjusted to recent changes in the GNU Coding
  Standards.  The following directory variables are new:

    datarootdir  read-only architecture-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
    localedir    locale-specific message catalogs [DATAROOTDIR/locale]
    docdir       documentation root [DATAROOTDIR/doc/PACKAGE]
    htmldir      html documentation [DOCDIR]
    dvidir       dvi documentation [DOCDIR]
    pdfdir       pdf documentation [DOCDIR]
    psdir        ps documentation [DOCDIR]

  The following variables have new default values:

    datadir      read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]
    infodir      info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]
    mandir       man documentation [DATAROOTDIR/man]

  This means that if you use any of address@hidden@', address@hidden@', or
  address@hidden@' in a file, you will have to ensure `${datarootdir}' is
  defined in this file.

I won't change the groff directories right now, but the release after
1.19.2 will use those new locations.