Re: [Groff] book typeset with groff

From: Zvezdan Petkovic
Subject: Re: [Groff] book typeset with groff
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:00:40 -0400

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:50:25AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Nelson Beebe told me that the following book has been typeset
> recently with groff:
>     title =        "The Design and Implementation of the {FreeBSD}
>                    Operating System",

I see that some other books are missing from troff.org list.
For example, recently Addison-Wesley started publishing revised editions
of the classics in computer literature.

Two of them are by the late W.R. Stevens.
We all know that he was one of the biggest advocates of groff.
The one I own is

Stevens, W. Richard, Fenner, Bill, and Rudoff, M. Andrew.  2003.
Unix Network Programming, vol. 1, 3rd ed.
Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 0-13-141155-1

The authors state explicitly that they followed Stevens's tradition and
typeset the book in groff.

There's another one about to be published

W. Richard Stevens and Stephen A. Rago.  2005.
Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, 2nd ed.
Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 0201433079

I strongly believe that it will be published in groff as well.
We'll have to wait till June to be certain, though.

I think that previous Rago's book

Stephen A. Rago.  1993.
UNIX System V Network Programming.
Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 0201563185

has been published in groff too.
However, people who own Rago's book should check.
Will you please?

        Zvezdan Petkovic