Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, CVS test.

From: Wartan Hachaturow
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, CVS test.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:36:21 +0400

On 5/19/05, Wartan Hachaturow <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now, I suppose this:
> iconv -fKOI8-R -tUTF-8 ./try.ms | groff -Tutf8 -mms | iconv -fUTF-8 -tKOI8-R
> should work as expected, right? (As far as I understand, devutf8 is
> essentially
> a one-to-one mapper when it comes to characters?)

Ooops.
Sorry, Michail has (kindly ;) pointed me to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2005-02/msg00094.html.

BTW, regarding the possible solution proposed in this post:
Debian's 1.18.1 seem to include (originally japanese, I think) patches
that do just that -- wchar'ify input.cpp/.cc (together with lots of
other places) with
an additional directive to set input encoding.
Perhaps they might be integrated?

--
Regards, Wartan.