Re: [Groff] Using pic/groff/gs to produce gif/jpeg

From: David Griffiths
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using pic/groff/gs to produce gif/jpeg
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:53:33 +0100

Hi, create a file foo.pic containing just one line:

box "hello world"

process like this:

pic2graph -format jpg -density 90 < foo.pic > foo.jpg

if you put foo.jpg into a web page you can see that there is a load of blank space below the box.

This was using groff version 1.19.1 and convert version 6.2.2.

You get the correct behaviour with a file foo.pic containing:

.PS
box "hello world"
.PE

and processed like this:

groff -p -P-pletter foo.pic | convert -trim -density 90 - foo.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Hmmm, what I didn't notice was that this time the _bottom_ of the
image wasn't getting cropped!

This seems to be a bug.  Please send me an example file together with
the exact command line.