Re: [Groff] Using pic/groff/gs to produce gif/jpeg

From: David Griffiths
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using pic/groff/gs to produce gif/jpeg
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:12:37 +0100

Hi, yes, that seems to work well (once I'd downloaded the groff-1.19.1 version of pic2graph, the one that comes with cygwin is buggy). Just one thing: it (ie convert) antialiases everything including the solid lines. If I turn off antialiasing it turns it off for the text too. Any suggestions? Not that bothered as it actually looks quite good with antialiased lines.

Thanks,

Dave

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Hi, I'm new to pic/groff and I've been having some problems
producing either gif or jpeg images using them.  The basic problem
seems to be that pic/groff/postscript all have the concept of a page
that they are drawing on whereas I want the resulting image to have
all the whitespace cropped from the margins.  This is to go in a web
page so the idea of a page doesn't make sense.

If you just want to convert a PIC image you might also try the
pic2graph script which comes with groff, which always crops the image.
Using the `-density' comomand line option you can control the
resolution of the final image.