Re: [Groff] Re: CVS Broken for Win32

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: CVS Broken for Win32
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:24:31 +0100

Werner Lemberg wrote:
> thanks for the patch.  I've simplified it a bit: Your _MAX_PATH code is
> now in maxpathname.cpp.  Please test.

I also thought of doing that, and arrived at much the same modification to
maxpathname.cpp as you have.  However, my version *did* have one important
difference -- according to MSDN, _MAX_PATH is defined in stdlib.h, which
isn't #included by maxpathname.cpp, so you need to add that.

I eventually didn't submit a patch based on a modified maxpathname.cpp,
but
chose rather to simply use the MAX_PATH constant directly in the _WIN32
specific call to _fullpath(), since that is consistent with its usage
later
in relocate.cpp, where GetModuleFileName() and GetShortPathName() are
called
by set_current_prefix().  If path_name_max() is to be used, in place of
MAX_PATH in the _fullpath() call, should it not also be used consistently
in
these two subsequent calls as well?

Best regards,
Keith.