Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:21:32 -0400 (EDT)

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> I think this is a compiler bug.  Can you try a newer compiler version?

I could, but it wouldn't help -- the bug is in the system's startup
code, which isn't part of the compiler.  Fortunately, I have source
code, so I can fix it.  After setting up the environ global variable
before running the initialization code, things work much better.  I have
one last problem -- contrib/pdfmark/pdfroff.sh makes extensive use ofthe
"type" command, which is *NOT* a standard shell command.  I was able to
work around it by changing the first line from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash,
but it should probably be rewritten portably.

-Larry Jones

OK, there IS a middle ground, but it's for sissy weasels. -- Calvin