Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] CVS Build Problem
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 18:39:14 +0100

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 2:44 am, Keith Marshall wrote:
> ... I always test my submissions onGNU/Linux, Win32 with MinGW,
> Win32 with Cygwin ...

Having said that, I've subsequently realised that I omitted to test `pdfroff'
on Cygwin.  I've since done just that, and uncovered a problem with running
in the `ash' shell, (which Cygwin uses, rather than `bash', in place of `sh').

Here's a patch:

    Handle parsing anomalies in Cygwin's `ash', and similar, shells.

    * pdfroff.sh: ($CAT, $GREP, $SED, $GROFF, $DIFF): avoid interpreting
      misdirected error messages, which `type' sends to `stdout' in some
      shells, as a successful program file match.
      ($AWK, $GS): likewise; also ensure that multiple choice match
      prototypes are eval'ed as such, in case token splitting occurs before
      variable expansion.

Best regards,
Keith.