Re: [Groff] ctype.h in pipeline.c

From: Jeff Conrad
Subject: Re: [Groff] ctype.h in pipeline.c
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:25:38 -0700

> I was asked whether ctype.h should be included in
> src/roff/groff/pipeline.c -- this is for MS-DOS and Windows only.  It
> seems to me that it is not necessary, right?

I first saw it in groff 1.17--I have no idea why it was there (it wasn't in
groff 1.11, but I have no record of intermediate versions).  A quick check
of the MSVC documentation indicates that it's only needed for the is*(),
and to*(), and getch() functions and macros.

The latest version seems to build just fine using MSVC 6.0 without ctype.h.
I don't have time right now for extensive runtime testing, but I can't see
why there would be a problem.

Jeff Conrad