Re: [Groff] Convert line drawings to GIF?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Convert line drawings to GIF?
Date: 05 Apr 2005 09:27:06 +0100

Clarke Echols <address@hidden> writes:

> I am reasonably competent with troff/groff (I used it once to
> create master artwork for a printed circuit used in a
> manufactured product -- certainly not what the original troff
> creators intended or expected :-) ).
>
> I am now interested in creating a line drawing for inclusion in
> HTML files for access via web browsers.  I can get to PostScript
> with no problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
> get the result to a GIF file.  Of course, I'd also like to be
> able to reduce the size at the same time. :-)
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Clarke

Hi Clarke,

you can also try using the macros

.HTML-IMAGE-LEFT
your troff circuit etc
.HTML-IMAGE-END

which places the troff within this section into a png which is
referenced by the html text. You need to invoke groff with the -Thtml
flag of course.  Note this is not necessary for pic, tbl and eqn as
the EQ, TS, PS call HTML-IMAGE automatically. Just for reference there
exists

.HTML-IMAGE-LEFT
.HTML-IMAGE-RIGHT
.HTML-IMAGE                                   (centers the image)
.HTML-IMAGE-END

(inside www.tmac) hope this helps,

Gaius