Re: [Groff] pic: new box attribute - slanted

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: Re: [Groff] pic: new box attribute - slanted
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:24:59 +0200

Am Dienstag, 29. März 2005 12:11 schrieben Sie:
> > While waiting for better suggestions, I played with
> > .PS
> > box xslanted color ...
> > box yslanted
> > .PE
> > to get the following results (see attached file)
>
> Nice!  Can you send the source too?  I wonder whether it is possible
> to provide high-level macros to handle such 3d-boxes...
>

>     Werner

A macro could look like this
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# a three dimensional block
define tblock { [
box ht $2 wid $1 color "gold" outlined "black" xslanted 0 yslanted 0 $3
box ht .2 wid $1 with .sw at last box .nw \
        xslanted .2 yslanted 0 color "yellow" outlined "black"
box ht $2 wid .2  with .nw at 2nd last box .ne \
        xslanted 0 yslanted .2 color "goldenrod" outlined "black"
] }

tblock(2, 1, "This is" "a three dimensional" "Box");

But needs more flexibility setting the [xy]slanted (e.g. additional argument)
and the colors, which is more complicated. It needs up to three different
colors, or one main color and the other two derived from that, like
 green --> darkgreen --> lightgreen

I'm still searching a bug in the pic code.
After some boxes I get a
 stdin:26: numeric overflow
I can work around by placing a
 box invisible
at some places, but than the position moves as well , even with 'box invisible
wid .00001 ht .00001'

Heinz