Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:09:55 -0500

Larry McVoy wrote:

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:50:39PM -0500, Alejandro L?pez-Valencia wrote:
I never said CVS or Subverson were better technical choices, you just imposed your fears and biases upon my words. I merely said *better choices*.

Yes, you say that but you don't say why.  As far as I can tell this is just
FUD.
FUD? I am willing to believe you are honestly shocked but considering the fact that you are not answering my questions, I can't help but to think that you say such things with the purpose of evading answering the questions in my previous posting. In case you missed them in my previous message, I'll repeat the questions:

1. Where is the open source client *source code* at the website? I can't find it.

2. Where is the open source license? A page telling me that "Type bk -blah -blah" to read the license is not good enough. What good is an open source licence that cannot be read *openly*?

As on why I think CVS or Subversion are better choices for an open source project such as the UTP book that's a discussion for another day. I'll just leave this small thought up in the air for whoever is reading this: "price of entry, cost of ownership".