Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 04:51:48 -0500

Larry Kollar wrote:

Larry K., have you found a new CVS host for the UTP meanwhile?  Have
you finally announced the UTP on the various lists?  Maybe we can find
volunteers more easily if more people know of its existence...

No, and no. Larry McVoy has offered Bitkeeper, and I'm going to take him
up on it once I take the time to sit down and get familiar with it.

I got stuck looking for a quote for the release note a while back, and I guess
I'll just go with what I have for the announcement. (It's at
http://home.alltel.net/~kollar/utp/press-release.txt if anyone hasn't seen it.)

I remember that SourceForge rejected the UTP because it is a "content generation" project and Savannah would not take it because the license isn't free enough.

Have you explored Berlios.de, Sarovar.org and Alioth.debian.org? Sarovar is quite new and would accept a project like the UTP book without major fuzz. In fact, Sarovar.org hosts most of the TeX community software, macro and *documentation* projects nowadays; that gives you an idea of the possiblities. Alioth is more recent than your last public search for a place to house the repository and being a part of the Debian project they may accept the UTP if the license is free enough.

IMO, CVS and Subversion are better choices. Have you read <http://better-scm.berlios.de/>?