Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:50:30 -0800 (PST)

> I've also found that the cross-ref macros in -mm are easily detachable.  I
> posted a version adapted to -ms here some time back; you should be able to
> find
> them with a little searching for my name in the archive!  They work fine; I
> wrote an article using -ms and the adapted -mm macros, which used extensive
> cross-references.

Do any of these cross-referencing schemes generate cross-references in
the HTML output as well as PDF?  And do they play out in some reasonable
way for text output?

The macro set we used at SCO (remember, it wasn't always an evil company ;-) )
was derived from -mm and it would do this.  We also had macros for man page
references that, for HTML output, would create a hotlink to the man page.

I wrote documents in *roff and never got into the internals.  I wonder if
we could possibly get ahold of that code and if it would help you guys.
If you think it could be useful, I can make some inquiries.  The code was
based on the old eRoff that ran on Xenix if that gives you any ideas about
how applicable it would be.

meg