Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:37:51 -0500

Quoting Jon Snader <address@hidden>:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 11:17:45AM -0500, Peter Schaffter wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 12, 2005, Jon Snader wrote:
> > > I do have cross reference macros that I use for my books.
> > <snip>
> > > Peter, if you'd like to include them in mom or use them as a
> > > starting point, you're more than welcome--just let me know.
> >
> > Please, pass them along.
> >
> Will do.  Give me a couple of days to do a minimal writeup on how
> to use them.  I call the two macros .Xr (a cross reference
> reference) and .Rf (a cross reference definition).  At a minimum,
> you'd probably want to change the names to be more in line with
> the macro names you use in mom.

I've also found that the cross-ref macros in -mm are easily detachable.  I
posted a version adapted to -ms here some time back; you should be able to find
them with a little searching for my name in the archive!  They work fine; I
wrote an article using -ms and the adapted -mm macros, which used extensive
cross-references.

Robert.