Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:58:40 -0500

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:18:44PM -0500, Peter Schaffter wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005, Mats Broberg wrote:
> > Since I don't know much about groff yet, this may be a uninformed
> > question - but is it possible to use e.g. other listmembers' specific
> > macros for crossreferences together with mom?   I browsed the archives
> > and found out that e.g. Jon Snader has some xref macros.
>
> I haven't tested this, but I'm almost certain the answer is: not
> without modification, although I'd welcome the opportunity to be
> proven wrong. :)

I do have cross reference macros that I use for my books.  As
with TeX and LaTeX, this requires two passes through groff.
The first accumulates the references and the second actually does
the type setting.  That sounds like a pain, but I handle it all
with a make file, so I don't really notice it when I'm making
trial or final runs.

I'd be happy to make them available (it's really only a couple of
macros) to anyone who's interested.  If there's enough interest,
I'll post them here.

Peter, if you'd like to include them in mom or use them as a
starting point, you're more than welcome--just let me know.

jcs