Re: [Groff] Werner's Margin Notes

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Werner's Margin Notes
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:26:46 +0100

Keith Marshall wrote:

> But don't you need a couple of extra `.br' requests?
> as in ...
>
> .\" ----------------------------------------------------------------
> The general syntax for writing groff documents is relatively easy,
> but writing extensions to the roff language can be a bit harder.
> .br
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
> .CR
> \m[blue] a b c d e f g h\m[]
> .br
> The general syntax for writing groff documents is relatively easy,
> but writing extensions to the roff language can be a bit harder.

Yes and no, depending on what you want the output to look like.
I was just trying to demonstrate that the macro also works in
the middle of adjusted text (without springing the trap).

> BTW, I also had a problem with the Courier-Bold font --
> doesn't seem to be installed!  `.fp 1 CB' is ok, though.

Sorry, that's my personal setup.  I can interpret "CB" to mean
"computer bold", and substitute some other typewriter font such
as Letter Gothic for Courier, and still refer to it as "CB".
(Usually, however, I refer to fonts by number, as in ".ft 1".)